Don’t park a vehicle over the white lines or out of the space. It’s subject to a parking violation.
You can’t park a vehicle bigger than the size of the parking space.
(You can’t park a vehicle with its tires in the space but the body over the lines. It’s subject to a parking violation.)
How to Use the Single-space Parking Meters
- When the sensor detects the presence of your vehicle, the device reacts and then starts showing two Chinese characters meaning "UNPAID" on the front panel. Check whether the device shows "0 MINUTE."
- Insert coins and then check whether the "UNPAID" indicator turns off.
(The meters accepts 100 yen coins only.)
How to Use the Pay and Display Ticket Machines
- Purchase a ticket from the machines right after parking.
(The machines accepts a 1,000 yen bill or 500 yen coins.)
- Failing to display a ticket may result in a parking violation.
(Peel a receipt part off the ticket and keep it for your proof. Place the remaining part on the windshield or other places so as to be easily seen from outside.)
- You can’t keep parking over the time limit.
- You don’t have to pay for parking if your vehicle shows a "No Parking Exception" card. Parking a vehicle over the white lines or out of the space, however, may result in a parking violation.
警視庁 駐車対策課 駐車対策第二係